There are a lot of boxing shoes available nowadays, these are some of the best youth boxing shoes on the market.
There are a lot of benefits to starting boxing at a young age, the way in which children’s brains develop means that they can achieve high levels of agility and skill within shorter periods of time.
Teaching kids to box can be a great way to focus their energy and attention on something that is constructive and somewhat useful. It can also offer a valuable outlet for aggression and anger within a controlled environment.
Most children struggle with figuring out how to express their emotions, so it can be useful in more ways than one to encourage them to box.
While some people believe in the traditional technique of boxing barefoot, it is important to keep the feet protected. From a young age, it can be beneficial to reinforce routine as well as the importance of keeping the feet as well as hands protected.
Young boxers’ feet are always changing with their growing forms, which is why a high-quality pair of boots that are easy to put on is necessary. In addition to this, you might not want to spend a lot of money on something that might be destroyed in a short period of time.
There is a delicate balance between value for money and good quality, reliable brands. For these reasons, this product review highlights some of the key features of the best youth boxing shoes that are currently on the market.
Boxing Vs Wrestling Shoes
It is worth noting that while boxers and wrestlers compete on similar surfaces, boxers need a lot more speed and lateral movements to get around their opponents’ guard.
There is a difference between traditional wrestling and boxing shoes for this reason, and wrestlers’ shoes need to allow them to avoid being wrenched in different directions.
Boxing shoes usually have tread patterns in one direction pointing forward to allow for maximum grip in forward or backward stepping.
That said, boxers tend to choose wrestling shoes for the increased grip that comes from a star tread pattern.
It is easier to move in all directions, which is why it might be a preference for many. While this might not apply to you yet, it might be worth considering investing in some wrestling shoes to allow for more versatility and ease of movement.
OUR TOP PICK
Starting off strong, ASICS are a well-known sporting brand that allows flexibility and breathability. They are a very popular wrestling sneaker that can be used for added traction with kids who enjoy boxing.
They have even been worn by women who do weight training, as their sizes suit many individuals and have additional use in the gym. They have been credited for durability and fit.
- Unisex design appeals to boys and girls
- Affordable, quality product
- Narrow fitting shoes, but it can be amended by replacing the laces to more forgiving ones, and the material is flexible, so will allow for different feet widths
- One color option, they are only available in black which might not be preferable for some, but it allows for more of a universal market
Another reliable brand within the sporting scene is Adidas. Suede and synthetic leather creates more durability without weighing the feet down. An elastic collar strap keeps the laces in place and contributes to comfort and ease of movement.
- Very comfortable
- True to sizes
- Good quality product overall, and great value for money
- Stiff at first so need to be loosened ahead of time to allow your child to slip their feet in and out easily
In addition to the other options, ASICS have a few styles that have been featured in the top customer reviews.
These wrestling shoes are no exception, and have been developed with the Olympic champion Jordan Burroughs. The shoes are high quality and affordable, that will last a long time throughout your child’s boxing or wrestling journey.
- One-year warranty included in purchase
- Very comfortable shoes
- Sizes run a little small, so it might be worth buying a size bigger, especially if your child’s feet are on the wider side
Aside from Adidas and ASICS who dominate the field of sporting shoes and other accessories, Nike is another brand that contributes a lot to professional sports.
Their wrestling shoes are made to be comfortable, thanks to the EVA sockliner. A gum rubber outsole provides sticky traction to allow for maximum speed and movement.
- Comfortable ankle support provides additional cushioning
- Good quality materials make the shoe very durable and long-lasting
- Fast shipping
- Sizes run a little small, so it is worth sizing up to allow additional width and room to grow
Another highly rated, durable brand for kids’ boxing and wrestling shoes is Nearfall, who have a sturdy design and great quality product to see your child through many series of their favorite sport.
- More color options than most brands, which is a big selling factor for children
- Reinforced stitches, which means that they will last a very long time
- Comfortable and high quality
- Like most wrestling shoes, they are somewhat narrow. To get around it, it is recommended that you size up when purchasing in order to maximize comfort and enhance the longevity of the product
These shoes have been designed with kids in mind, and the vibrant colors create a bold design. The unique appearance of these is something that will make your child stand out.
The shoes themselves have a high top style and can be used for multiple purposes such as street dance classes or even worn as ordinary shoes.
- Lightweight material
- Added traction from the rubber outsole design
- Split soles make for even more flexibility
- Only available in youth sizes, but it is clear from the design and color that they have been made with younger children in mind
- Lace-up fastening can be difficult for younger children to master, so it could be worth replacing them with some elastic until they get the hang of laces
An addition to the list comes from Matman who have worked hard to develop lightweight shoes that feature split soles to allow quick movement with ease. The laces can often be an interference, which is why this design has a built-in tongue to hide them.
- Additional ankle support prevents any potential injury and provides additional protection
- The combination of leather and mesh allows a flexible yet sturdy shoe
- There are only 3 size options- 4 Big Kid, 12 Big Kid, 13 Big Kid. This means that you might need to go somewhere else, or try on shoes before purchasing
More bold colors have added to the low top concept here, as Day Key have focused on primary colors to create their own impact on the wrestling shoe world.
They are advertised as suiting men and children, although these shoes would be more suitable for older children whose feet are closer to adult sizes due to the available range.
- Suede and rubber have been used to make a very lightweight shoe that is perfect for flexibility and fast movement
- The outsole is one piece and creates an impressive amount of traction that is unlike some of the bigger brands on the market
- No size option within children’s ranges, so it might be worth researching how small a men’s size 3 actually is, and seeing if that will fit your child’s feet
A slightly different spin on boxing and wrestling shoes is the Yes! Athletics brand, which offers a range of shoes developed specifically for women and young girls.
There is a selection of different feminine designs that allow ease of movement for boxers, weightlifters, and wrestlers wanting to add a touch of their own style to the sport.
The unique traction pads allow wearers to stay on the balls of their feet when boxing and encourage better form.
- Available in kids’ and adults’ sizes
- Breathable material
- Sole is glued and stitched on, so they are likely to last a long time
- Fills a hole in the market for women’s boxing shoes that adds more personality than traditional men’s shoes
- No arch support, because they have been developed with wrestling in mind, so the focus is more on flexibility. That said, you could easily add your own insoles to the shoes for added support
- They typically run long, so if you have shorter feet it could be worth sizing down to get the best fit
The final addition takes on a more traditional look that climbs the ankle. While these are more suited to older children with slightly larger feet, the Ringside brand has a very high reputation for providing good quality, durable, and breathable boxing shoes.
- Lightweight boots provide flexibility when needed
- Breathable material
- A lot of support is achieved by the boot design, and many have already expressed their usefulness in boxing
- Glossy material means that blood and dirt can easily be wiped off
- They usually run big, so it could be worth sizing down on these or even purchasing a few different sizes and returning the ones that don’t fit
- Less size options for children within the boot design, so it could be worth investing in shoes if your child is still wearing smaller shoe sizes
There are a lot of factors to consider when you are researching youth boxing shoes. Depending on how old your child is, they might be in children’s or adult sizes, so you will need to cater your preferences to this.
Some of the options above offer very limited size ranges, and it is definitely worth measuring your child’s feet. Make sure that you check their feet width as well as length, as most brands tend to make boxing shoes on the narrow side.
That is why you should also consider buying some long laces that you can replace, as the shoes themselves are somewhat flexible, but the laces can limit the shape of the foot.
Some main things that you should consider when purchasing a pair of boxing shoes are the design, use, and size range. To simplify, it is easier to know what you are looking for.
This is why you should consider using filters in your search to get options that apply to you. Another thing worth considering is the price range, as some children or young people will grow very rapidly and need new shoes before the season is up to fit their growing feet.
For this reason, it might not be worth spending enormous amounts of money on boxing shoes and getting your child a pair that is considered basic, but that will last them until they need an upgrade.
It can be a little unrewarding to keep your kids in the right clothes and shoes for their changing sports, but it is important that we, as parents, provide as much support and unconditional encouragement as possible.
Whether you want to spend more time with them and bring them to boxing matches, or even if you have smaller feet and are wanting a new pair of shoes that are flexible, there is a surprising amount of options to choose from.
To summarize, boxing shoes come in all shapes and sizes, and each have their own range of benefits and possible drawbacks. Some of the brands that dominate the field of boxing and wrestling shoes are Nike, Adidas, and ASICS.
They often create durable, strong and comfortable shoes that encourage boxers to stay light on their feet and able to move fast in all directions. Boxing is a traditional sport that is very old, although the uniform does not necessarily have to be the same.
That is why there are many different styles and colors to choose from within boxing shoes. Boots and shoes are very popular, and it might be worth seeing for yourself what is on the market.
- What Is A Hook In Boxing (And Mistakes To Avoid When Throwing) - December 16, 2021
- How Much Do Professional Boxers Get Paid (Inc. Per Fight) - December 16, 2021
- What Age Should You Start Boxing (What’s A Good Age) - December 16, 2021