Having your kids get involved with a sport is one of the best choices a parent can make. Now that you’ve selected boxing it is crucial you get the right gear.
Whether your child is attending classes or participating in competitive sports, incorrect boxing shoes can seriously affect their performance.
As a parent, you want the best for your child. So imagine you pick the wrong boxing shoes and disaster happens. The guilt. That’s why looking into what makes the best boxing shoes is so important.
So why does your child need good boxing shoes? In order to become a great boxer, your kids need to be quick and light on their feet.
Having a bad pair of boxing shoes can drag them down. It is vital that the shoes fit your child’s needs.
Knowing the importance of a good pair of boxing shoes is great, but there are still so many choices. Choosing the correct style, size and brand can be overwhelming.
That’s where we come in. We’ve created an in-depth guide to help you pick the perfect pair of boxing shoes for your kids.
Below is a list of the 10 best boxing shoes for your kids with detailed information on what makes them so great. So you don’t have to worry about making the wrong choice anymore!
BEST OVERALL SHOE
Adidas is known for dominating the sports footwear market. So it is no surprise that their Wrestling HVC Youth Laced Wrestling shoe is one of the best pairs of boxing shoes currently available for kids.
The Adidas Wrestling HVC Youth Laced Wrestling shoe is made of 70% leather and 30% suede. The shoe also features a rubber sole.
The way these shoes are made makes them perfect for boxing as they are light on the feet. The design of these shoes features a high-top finish.
Due to this design choice, the shoe provides ankle support which is very important when boxing.
The best feature of this shoe, which is what makes it our best overall, is the range of sizes it is available in. This shoe has got all children, who want to learn boxing, covered.
The shoe comes in sizes suitable for infants (ages 0-12 months) to big kids (ages 8-12 years). Whilst the shoe itself is not advertised as unisex, customers have purchased this pair of shoes for both girls and boys.
Although depending on who you are buying this shoe for, you might need to size up.
- Comfortable shoes - The design of these shoes makes them super comfortable. Many customers agree that the shoes are comfortable enough for their kids to wear at all-day tournaments without complaining.
- Sizing - These shoes come in a variety of sizes, so you will definitely find a pair that fits your kid.
- Practical design - The design of these shoes has all the needs of boxers in mind. They have ankle support to help avoid injury.The best design feature is the velcro that goes over the laces at the top of the shoe so they don’t come undone. Perfect for kids.
- Small - Some customers have experienced the shoe being a bit too small for their kid. Make sure to measure for an accurate fit.
BEST FOR BREATHABLE SHOE
Adidas Wrestling Men’s Combat Speed shoes are the best breathable boxing shoes on the market.
Although this shoe does not explicitly say its purpose is for boxing, customers have used them for this sport professionally.
Another great boxing shoe from Adidas! This shoe features mesh on it making it an extremely breathable shoe for your child. It is also really lightweight because of the materials used and its sock-like fit.
The other design features of this shoe are the rubber sole, perfect for quick movements, and the split-suede outsole.
Whilst this shoe does not say it is for children, the sizes range from little kid, bid kid, all the way to adult men. They are also considered to be unisex as they have been purchased for both boys and girls.
- Durable - This pair of shoes has the ability to last a long time as many customers reported.
- Sizes - Not only does this shoe come in sizes available for little kids, but they also come in sizes perfect for teenagers. All of your kids could wear this shoe, including you!
- Lightweight - The mesh material makes this shoe lightweight, great for being able to move quickly when boxing.
- Ankle height - Some customers have stated that the ankle height of this shoe would be better if it was a little higher for optimal ankle support.
BEST ADIDAS ANKLE SUPPORT
The Adidas Unisex-Child Tech Fall 2.0 shoe is a great choice for those who are seeking comfortable ankle support.
This shoe is ideal for those looking for ankle support because it features an extended tongue.
The extended tongue goes from the top of the foot down to the forefoot which gives extra support and comfort. The lacing is secure and makes this shoe feel personalized.
Adidas Unisex-Child Tech Fall 2.0 shoes are very lightweight and breathable since they also have a mesh fabric. For a supportive fit, they have inner reinforcements across the midfoot area.
This shoe is available for little kids, ages 4-8. They are a good beginner shoe as they are supportive and lightweight. They have everything your little kids need to start their journey in boxing.
- Lightweight - With the shoe having a mesh upper they are extremely lightweight and breathable. Great for training or competitions.
- Ankle support - The extended tongue and higher ankle design provides great support for the ankle and the rest of the foot.
- Flexible - Due to the material, these shoes are extremely flexible. This is great for helping with your agility and mobility.
- Laces - Some customers report the laces are a bit short.
BEST NIKE BOXING SHOES
The battle to be the best brand in sport’s shoes continues! We are aware that many people a devoted to specific brands of shoes, which is why we couldn’t include Adidas without including Nike.
Nike Kids’ Speed Sweep VII Wrestling shoes are the best Nike boxing shoes for kids currently on the market.
Like many great boxing shoes, the Nike Kids’ Speed Sweep VII shoes feature a mesh layer, making the shoes very breathable. They have a gum rubber outsole which is great for increased grip.
These shoes are marketed for boys only. They have a velcro fastening at the top to keep the laces secure. They also have amazing ankle support due to the design of the shoes.
The shoes are available in a range of sizes starting from little kid and going up to size thirteen US.
- Breathable - Say goodbye to uncomfortable and sweaty shoes. These shoes are very breathable as the mesh material encourages airflow.
- Support - The high-top design is great for ankle support and the snug fit of these shoes promotes all-around support.
- Agile - The material makes these shoes very agile and great for movement. You are also able to feel the ground and the grip you have because of the design of the sole.
- Size - Some customers have reported that the sizing is a bit small. Make sure to follow measurement guidelines for a great fit.
BEST AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVES
Sometimes buying well-known branded shoes for children can seem a bit wasteful. Especially if they cost a lot since your child is likely to outgrow them quickly.
That’s why we’ve included affordable alternatives such as the ASICS Kid’s Snapdown 3 GS Wrestling shoes, so you don’t have to break the bank.
The ASICS Kid’s Snapdown 3 GS is a great unisex alternative boxing shoe. This shoe features a breathable mesh for airflow.
It also has a Kimono inspired tongue design which is great for a better foothold and fit of the shoe. What makes it different is it has a shoelace garage to keep the laces tied and concealed.
This shoe is available for both boys and girls, coming in a range of colors. The sizes range from size one little kid to thirteen big kid.
- Sizes - The shoes come in a variety of sizes, so you should be able to find the right one for your child.
- Foothold - The design is great for support and increased foothold.
- Secureness - The laces are secure due to the lace garage design.
- Fit - The can be a bit tight and customers wish there was a loop at the back to help pull them up.
ASICS Kids Matflex 6 are the best affordable boxing shoes for improved grip that are currently available.
These shoes are great lightweight shoes due to having a mesh upper. They have a rugged rubber sole for improved grip when hitting the mat. The collar and tongue of the shoe are lightly padded for extra comfort.
These shoes are available for children ranging from little kids to big kids. They are budget-friendly with great quality.
- Sizes - These come in a range of sizes.
- Breathable - The mesh layer allows for your feet to breathe whilst in them.
- Grip - These shoes are made to have a better grip, thanks to the rubber soles.
- Narrow - The only problem with these shoes is they are narrow so those with wider feet might struggle.
This shoe is the best affordable beginner boxing shoe for kids with a split sole.
These shoes were made with the specifications of the Olympic champion, Jordan Burroughs in mind. The split sole design is great for better traction and feeling when your heel is on the floor.
They feature a breathable mesh for comfort and fit. The tongue of the shoe has a less bulky version of a lace garage which meets regulations for competitions. This is a great shoe to take to your kid’s tournaments.
- Breathable - These shoes have a mesh layer for airflow.
- Lace Garage - The lace garage keeps laces in place and meets competition regulations.
- Split Sole - The sole is ideal for agility and improved grip.
- Narrow - Those with wider feet may struggle as these shoes are a bit narrow.
- Size - Only in size 2 little kid on Amazon
Day Key Low Top Wrestling shoes are a great budget-friendly option when buying for your kids.
These shoes have amazing ankle support as the shoe wraps the ankle and foot tightly. They are also lightweight, great for quick movements.
This shoe has synthetic overlays for durability and support. The sole is a one-piece rubber outsole for consistent grip.
The shoe sizes range from 3 to 11.5. There is also a one-year warranty that comes with these shoes.
- Lightweight - Great for quick movements needed in boxing.
- Unisex - This shoe is perfect for both girls and boys. Make sure to check the sizes to ensure the best fit.
- Multipurpose - This shoe can be used for a variety of sports like martial arts.
Thin Soles - The soles are thin, which isn’t great for walking but ideal for sparring.
If you want shoes that can be used for other sports as well the JMFCHI Kid's Basketball Shoes High-top shoes are perfect for you.
These shoes have great ankle support so are ideal for boxing. They come in a range of colors and are unisex.
- Breathable - The design keeps your feet dry!
- Rubber Sole - The rubber sole is for cushioning the feet during activity.
- High Top - The high-top design is ideal for ankle support.
- Slippy - Some customers reported slipping on certain surfaces.
The sport Pioneer High Top Boxing shoes are a great affordable shoe designed specifically for boxing.
This shoe has amazing ankle support as it is a high-top design. The extra-long laces are designed to wrap around the ankle for more support. The shoes are lightweight and flexible.
- Support - High-top design for ankle support.
- Lightweight - They are lightweight for better movement.
- Multipurpose - Can be used for other sports.
- Material - Customers have reported that the material is a bit flimsy.
That makes our list complete! Hopefully, you were able to find the best boxing shoes for your kids.
- What Is A Hook In Boxing (And Mistakes To Avoid When Throwing) - December 16, 2021
- How Much Do Professional Boxers Get Paid (Inc. Per Fight) - December 16, 2021
- What Age Should You Start Boxing (What’s A Good Age) - December 16, 2021