When you are hitting the bag at your gym, then you might not be worried about the thickness of your gloves and how intense they’ll be damaging you.
However, if you are hitting another person, then that’s a whole different story. You’ll need gloves that will not injure your sparring partner too much.
You’ll need to achieve mutual confidence between you and your partner when you are sparring, otherwise, you’ll find the other party is very reluctant, which might result in your sparring session not being that representative of a real fight, which is very important if you are hitting a real boxing match.
The main rule for sparring gloves is that you should have a pair that protects your partner, whereas, with training and bag gloves, you’ll need gloves that protect you and your partner respectively.
So where can you find a pair of these sparring gloves? What material do they need to be made from to give you some of the best protection? How durable does a pair of sparring gloves need to be? How much will you be looking to pay for a pair of these unique gloves?
Well, if you are looking for answers to these questions and a whole lot more, then we would recommend that you keep reading.
We have compiled a list of some of the best sparring gloves that you can get on the market, highlighting features such as design, seam strength and durability.
OUR TOP PICK
This first sparring glove comes at 10-16-ounces, which makes them one of the best gloves that you can find for your needs.
They will stay hooked to your hands incredibly well, giving you everything that you need for sparring in the ring. This has a hook and loop closure system which will guarantee you a snug fit on the hand - introducing the Gold BJJ Foundation Boxing Gloves.
- This comes with a decent hook and loop system that you can use to tie up the gloves extremely tightly.
- These gloves will fit you very comfortably, giving you everything that you need for a solid grip and a decent impact, in such a way that it won’t hurt your sparring partner.
- These are a great pair of gloves for the price point, you can expect them to last you for a number of years too.
- These gloves come in a limited range of colors, which might not be suitable for the boxer who wants gloves to match their personality.
These are some of the most stylish gloves that you can get on the market, with a dual foam layer structure that you can be sure will give you everything that you need for a solid punch.
This will also double up as a training and bag glove, meaning that you won’t have to spend that much money - introducing the Steel Sweat Boxing Gloves.
- These gloves look simply amazing on your hands and most professional boxers have really complemented these on their style.
- These are great for intermediate or professional boxing sparrers, with a lacey fit on the outside that will keep them firm to the hands.
- These have 4interlocking splints on the back, which will allow you to hit harder and maintain more control over your punch.
- The dual closure system might take some getting used to. This could impede your first few sparring matches with these gloves.
These medium-sized boxing gloves will give you everything that you need to maintain a decent presence in the ring. This is for someone who really wants to develop their sparring technique before they hit the ring.
These gloves are very flexible on the hands and will certainly allow you to train for much longer - introducing the Venum Kids Elite Boxing Gloves.
- These gloves are an MMA style brand, so if you like to mix up your sparring with some kickboxing or some mixed martial arts, then these are a great pair of gloves for you.
- This set of gloves comes very highly rated by some of the experts, which is very important if you want to get that amazing right hook perfected.
- This comes with a superior design that really prioritizes comfort, which will allow you to spar for longer and go easy on your opponent’s face.
- These gloves are some of the most expensive on this list, which might not be great for newbie boxers that are looking for something to train with only a few times a week.
This next pair of boxing gloves are winning by name and winning by nature. They are made conforming to strict standards of quality control in Japan, meaning that they certainly won’t let you down in the ring or the sparring gym.
These gloves are great for wicking away sweat and other nasty odors - introducing the Winning Training Boxing Gloves.
- This is a mid-tier glove that will certainly outperform a lot of the other models that exist on the lower levels.
- This will alleviate bad hand soreness, allowing you more freedom on the inside of your gloves, which will enable you to spar for longer.
- This glove will give you greater ease when connecting with your sparring partner, which will allow them to be more confident and give you more of a challenge.
- These gloves are another extremely expensive pair, so make sure that you are going to be hitting the gym regularly when you buy these ones.
This next pair of boxing gloves come with some great features, made by boxing professionals that will help you in a wide range of contact sports.
This is a hybrid glove, having the durability of bag training and the softness that will let you spar - introducing the Cleto Reyes Training Gloves.
Cleto Reyes is a very reputable brand, with plenty of amateur or professional boxers claiming that they really help them to improve their sparring technique.
These come with fantastic wrist support, giving you everything that you need to keep your hand strong and firm when you are with your sparring partner.
- These gloves are very easy to take off and put on, giving you everything that you need for a solid punch.
- If you tend to sweat during your sporting match, then we would certainly recommend that you pick up this pair, they will help you remove sweat quickly and keep your hand well-ventilated.
- These gloves have 2 inches of padding, which is great if you want to go harder on your sparring opponent.
- Another very expensive set of gloves here.
Next up, we have a pair of gloves that come with an enforced gel lining and multi-layer foam padding, perfect for that softer hit on your sparring partner.
These are a 16-ounce pair of gloves that you can be sure will have everything that you need for a decent sucker punch - introducing the Title Gel World Bag Gloves.
If you are wanting a pair of gloves that will keep you cool, then we would certainly recommend this pair. They have moisture-wicking technology that will ensure that you are able to ventilate your hand properly, during and in between sparring bouts.
- These gloves will keep cool on the outside and let out moisture from the inside of your glove.
Hook and loop enclosure that will keep the bag very tight to your wrist. This is perfect for hours of sparring.
These gloves are highly rated by industry professionals, meaning you can guarantee that these will help you in the ring.
These gloves only have 3 color schemes, which will be limiting for any boxer with personality.
This next pair of gloves are amazing, really changing the game of sparring with their comfortable and supportive design.
You can have plenty of colors and sizes to choose from with this glove - introducing the Ringside Apex Flash Boxing Training Sparring Gloves.
- These gloves are certainly recommended for beginners, coming with a softness and lightness that will allow you to stay in the ring for longer.
- These gloves are very stylish and will certainly complement most styles of boxing apparel.
- This comes with a tight lacing system which is perfect for keeping your hands securely fastened in the glove.
- These gloves tend to split after a few months of use, so you might find yourself having to shop for another pair.
This next pair of gloves comes with a cooling mesh panel that will really allow your fists to breathe when they are in the gloves - introducing Pro Style Boxing Gloves.
- This comes with antimicrobial treatment, which means your gloves won’t succumb to sweat rot in the long term.
- This comes with padding in the front and the back, allowing for harder hits and more challenging training.
- These gloves do have less protection than some of the other models.
This next pair of sparring gloves come in a wide range of sizes. You can use them in your beginner training, or you can switch them out and use them for hardcore sparring - introducing the Venum Defender Contender 2.0 Boxing Gloves.
- You have over 10 colors of boxing gloves to choose from, which will really help you find a pair of gloves that will reflect your personality.
- These are designed for extended use, meaning that you can have them for hours in your training session and not have to worry about the seams wearing out.
- These gloves aren’t as durable as some of the other models on this list, so we would suggest you get another pair if you want them to withstand 6 months of heavy sparring.
Our final pair of boxing gloves really delivers when it comes to premium quality. These come made from an odorless material with a soft mesh that will help you cool down when you are sparring for long hours - introducing the Fairtex Boxing Gloves BGV5.
- These gloves come made from a microfiber material that will enable you to reduce the amount of sweat that will accumulate in your glove.
- These boxing gloves come in plenty of colors to choose from, so if you want to intimidate your sparring partner in the ring with some outlandish colors, then you can’t go wrong with this pair.
- These gloves are very flexible and extremely smooth to the touch. This is perfect if you want a pair that you can clean easily.
- After extended use, these gloves will soon begin to crack. This will certainly be a downside to anyone who wants to train on a regular basis.
Our Final Say
We hope that our comprehensive list of great sparring gloves has helped you to identify which ones might be the best for you.
It will all depend on what sparring level you think you’re at, as well as how far you want to progress and how challenging you want to make the sparring session.
- What Is A Hook In Boxing (And Mistakes To Avoid When Throwing) - December 16, 2021
- How Much Do Professional Boxers Get Paid (Inc. Per Fight) - December 16, 2021
- What Age Should You Start Boxing (What’s A Good Age) - December 16, 2021