There is nothing more important than having the correct gear when playing a sport. Especially when boxing. Whether that be the boxing gloves, the correct padding, clothes, or footwear. Footwear is particularly important and the boxing shoes you wear can make or break you.
Imagine you are sparring and your movements are being slowed down due to heavy shoes. Or that the shoes you are wearing don’t have enough ankle support, resulting in injury. Good boxing shoes provide protection when you need it most.
That’s why it is vital you purchase the correct boxing shoes for you.
Now that we’ve established the importance of boxing shoes, let’s talk brands. There are so many brands out there, all claiming to have the best boxing shoe. Well, to make it simpler for you we’ve created a list looking at one brand only, Asics.
We’ve created a list of the 10 best Asics boxing shoes, so you can have an in-depth look at one brand. Read on to find all the information you need to know about the 10 best Asics boxing shoes.
OUR TOP PICK
If you are looking for a shoe that is comfortable and practical, these might be the shoes for you. These Asics boxing shoes are not just practical but they also look great as well. Who says you have to forgo style when playing a sport?
These shoes are made from synthetic material and also have mesh paneling. The mesh material is great for increasing the breathability of your shoes by promoting air circulation.
The shoes also have a rubber sole which is designed to help with grip. One of the best features of this shoe is the DuoSole outsole.
The DuoSole outsole is designed to reduce weight and enhance your flexibility without decreasing the durability of the shoe and the grip. They also have ankle support which is essential in boxing.
These shoes come in a wide variety of colors so you can choose what is most appealing to you. Even though they are marketed to men, women have purchased these shoes as well.
- Lightweight - They are lightweight shoes meaning they won’t make your movements slower.
- Supportive - The shoes have ankle padding for extra protection and support.
- Breathable - The mesh material makes these shoes breathable to keep your feet dry.
- Break-in - These shoes do require you to break them in, so they might be a little stiff and painful on the first few wears.
The Asics Matflex shoes are designed to keep your feet on the mats. So if you are looking for a shoe that improves your performance on the mat, these are the ones for you.
The Asics Matlfex shoes are made from fabric and synthetic materials to keep the shoe light. The aim of the shoes is to improve your confidence on the mat. The design of the shoes makes them durable.
They feature a mesh insole to keep away dampness by allowing airflow in the shoe. It is designed to keep you comfortable when wearing these shoes.
These shoes have an EVA sockliner that hugs the foot for great support. These boxing shoes come in a variety of colors and patterns.
- Breathable - The mesh insole is designed to keep circulation flowing in the shoe.
- Supportive - The sockliner in the shoe makes them more comfortable and supportive of the foot.
- Grip - They have an ethylene-vinyl acetate sole for improved traction.
- Narrow - These shoes can be on the narrower side, so those with wider feet might not find them as comfortable.
The Asics Matcontrol shoes are engineered to build your confidence by giving you more control of your feet. If this is the issue you want to be resolved, the Matcontrol shoes are the perfect fit.
These shoes have a rubber sole for improved grip and stability. They have a synthetic upper which is breathable but also adds stability and support when keeping your feet dry. For extra protection and support, these shoes have ankle padding.
The ankle padding also makes these shoes more comfortable. To aid in keeping your feet dry an Ortholite sockliner has been installed in the shoe.
One of the greatest benefits of this shoe is it has an integrated lace garage. This means that your laces can be concealed and it prevents them from getting in your way when sparring.
- Lace Garage - No more wondering what to do with your laces! The lace garage helps keep your laces out of the way when wearing these shoes.
- Breathable - These shoes are designed to keep your feet dry by being made with materials that increase air circulation.
- Supportive - The extra ankle padding keeps your ankles supported when moving.
- Tight - This pair of shoes can be a bit tight around the toe arch.
The Asics Aggressor 2 is one of Asics’ most popular designs. This shoe is very appealing to the eye! It comes in a range of colors with different patterns. This is one cool looking shoe!
The shoe itself has a rubber sole which is great for movement and increased grip. It features a traditional upper with a velcro fastening to help keep your lace from coming undone or tangled.
The velcro fastening also makes the shoe more secure to your foot. They are durable, with the shoes lasting a year with intense training.
Whilst this shoe does not have mesh like other shoes, this shoe has pinhole ventilation areas to cool your feet. Padding has been added to the tongue and cuff areas to prevent discomfort from the shoes rubbing.
- Velcro fastening - The velcro keeps your foot secure and laces from undoing.
- Padding - Extra padding has been put in the tongue and cuff area for increased comfort.
- Breathable - The design of the shoes allows for air circulation so that cool air can enter the shoe and warm air can leave.
- Break-in - These shoes need time for them to be broken in meaning they can cause discomfort on the first few wears.
The Asics Snapdown 2 boxing shoes are designed with competing in tournaments in mind. This option in the list is for those looking to find a great shoe to compete in!
Asics Snapdown 2 has a full-length outsole that features Serradial Traction Pods. The Serradial Traction Pods help to improve the flexibility of the shoe and its grip. The upper of the shoe is made from mesh and synthetic suede.
The mesh helps to enhance the ventilation of the shoe. The mesh and synthetic suede combination are ideal for improving flexibility.
As mentioned before, the shoe is a great option for competitions as the laces comply with the rules. The shoe is also lightweight for better movement which is vital for boxing. The shoe is also unisex!
- Breathable - The material of the shoe is designed to make the shoe breathable by encouraging airflow.
- Grip - The Serradial Traction Pods provide the shoe with great grip.
Competition standards - The shoe complies with competition rules.
- Sizing - Some customers have reported the shoe running small in size.
The Asics JB Elite shoe is a shoe designed based on the specifications of the two-time world champion and Olympic legend, Jordan Burroughs. So even if you are not a Jordan Burroughs fan, this shoe is designed with sport in mind.
Asics JB Elite V2.0 shoe features Serradial Traction Pods that improve traction and flexibility. Unlike other shoes, this boxing shoe has an improved rubber sole in a compound split sole design.
This sole design help with grip and flexibility.
The upper of the shoe has a single-layer mesh body to help with the fit of the shoe and to make it comfortable. The tongue is less bulky than other versions of this shoe and the lace garage complies with the rules and regulations of competitions.
- Breathable - The mesh single layer encourages airflow in the shoe to make them breathable.
- Flexibility - The design of the shoe improves the flexibility of the shoe and therefore the flexibility of the person wearing them.
- Competition Standards - The shoes were made with competitions in mind so they meet the standards required for competitions.
- Narrow - The shoe is narrow so those with wide feet might not find them very comfortable.
The Asics Cael V6.0 shoes are a blend of all the favorite features of other Asics shoes. This is a shoe for those who want a great boxing shoe that has all the best features.
The shoe features an Escaine and open mesh upper which has soft and fitting features to keep your feet comfortable. There is a ComforDry sockliner in the shoe that helps cushion your feet but also keeps them cool and dry.
The outsole of the shoe is made from an NC rubber compound that contains a higher percentage of rubber than leather. This is ideal for shoes as it gives them great traction on a range of different surfaces.
- Breathable - The sockliner is designed to keep your feet cool and dry.
- Comfort - The soft materials of this shoe and the sockliner makes the shoe more comfortable for those wearing it.
- Grip - The improved rubber sole increases the grip you have on the floor.
- Durability - Some have reported that this shoe only lasted a few months before the seams split.
The Asics Dan Gable Evo 2 shoes are a modern rendition of Dan Gable’s shoe vision. Dan Gable is one of the most recognizable people in the wrestling industry.
So if you are a fan of Dan Gable or someone who can appreciate the vision he had for shoes, this is the shoe for you.
The shoe has California Lasting technology to help you swiftly dodge your opponent’s attacks whilst remaining stable. This boxing shoe features a porous mesh insole allowing your feet to remain dry, cool, and comfortable. Say goodbye to sweaty feet!
There is an Ortholite sockliner in the shoe which is the base for comfort for the shoe. This sockliner helps to manage any moisture in the shoe.
- Grip - The shoe has great grip and the sock fitting keeps your feet secure in the shoe.
- Breathable - The mesh insole allows air circulation, keeping your feet dry.
- Comfort - The shoe has a sockliner to improve comfort, through cushioning and keeping your feet dry.
- Tight - Costumers have reported that the shoe is tight meaning you might have to size up.
The Asics Cael V7.0 shoe is a revamped version of the shoes in this line. The shoe is named after the Olympic gold medalist Cael Sanderson. If you are someone who enjoys collaboration, this one is for you.
This shoe is known for its flexibility and comfort. What makes this shoe different from the other versions in this line is the outsole. The outsole of this shoe has a great grip and is more durable than others that came before it. This shoe features a split sole design.
The lace garage in this shoe is a non-velcro one, making it more minimal in appearance. The shoe still features a mesh layer but it has been upgraded. Inside the shoe, it is lined with a rip-resistant fabric which adds comfort to the shoe.
- Comfort - The inside rip-resistant fabric provides extra comfort for those wearing this shoe.
- Durability - The most durable shoe in this collection. The new outsole design makes this shoe better than ever.
- Lace garage - The lace garage on this shoe is less bulky and has a nicer appearance.
- Narrow - The only problem with this shoe is that it is narrow. For those with wider feet, it might take longer for them to break them in.
The last entry in this list is the Asics Split Second 9 shoe. This is the shoe for those who want to have an advantage over their competitors.
Asics Split Second 9s have an asymmetrical laced upper which is covered in a lightweight mesh. The mesh helps to encourage the circulation of air but also keeps the shoe lightweight. This is great for not having sweaty feet but having the ability to move quickly.
The shoe has a solid construction allowing it to be more durable so that movements don’t damage the shoe. There is a thicker material covering the toes to give them extra protection from being knocked.
The heel is also surrounded by thicker material to keep the foot secure.
Asics Split Second 9s have a rubber outsole and a split sole design for improved grip.
- Durable - The shoe has a solid construction and is firm to improve its durability.
- Lightweight - The material is lightweight which prevents the shoe from dragging your feet down when moving.
- Protective - The thicker material keeps your feet padded and secure, providing extra protection.
- Narrow - Some customers have reported that these shoes are narrow and tight. This may cause discomfort for those with wider feet.
Whether you are looking for a cool-looking shoe, a collaboration with Olympic legends, or just a great shoe, we hope this list has helped you.
There are so many great boxing shoes created by Asics, all with different strengths. Hopefully, you have found what you are looking for in these awesome boxing shoes.
- What Is A Hook In Boxing (And Mistakes To Avoid When Throwing) - December 16, 2021
- How Much Do Professional Boxers Get Paid (Inc. Per Fight) - December 16, 2021
- What Age Should You Start Boxing (What’s A Good Age) - December 16, 2021