Are you looking for a lighter pair of boxing gloves? In this article I will tell you what are the 10 best 8 oz boxing gloves on the market.
All of these gloves are a light, which makes them an excellent choice for beginners, children and teenagers who are interested in boxing. Many of these models are actually targeted to kids and youth, which you can check from the title.
These smaller gloves tend to have less padding, which means they might hurt more than heavier ones in couple training and sparring. So these are probably not the best choice for adults looking for a good training glove.
Below you can find the full list of 10 best 8 oz boxing gloves on the market.
OUR TOP PICK
The first product on our list is from Liberlupus. These gloves have a unique and awesome design.
They have also been made with the user in mind. For ease of use, they have features such as perforations on the palm, an elastic wrap, and additional padding. If you are a youth in need of a set of 8oz boxing gloves, you cannot go far wrong with these.
- 2 color options - available in two designs, you can find the look that suits you best. Namely, these designs are black/ blue or red/ blue. These colors are really vibrant, making you stand out from all the other boxers.
- Synthetic leather - this material is very durable, meaning your gloves can withstand strong blows. It is also very easy to clean by hand. This will make getting any sweat off your gloves much simpler. Synthetic leather is also great for vegans to use.
- Perforations - there are multiple holes on the palms of these gloves. This results in them being more breathable, allowing air to escape and enter your palm.
- 3 layers of padding - to defend your fist, this glove has extra padding. If you are a parent shopping for your child, you can rest assured that they will not injure themselves thanks to this protection.
- Aimed at children/ teenagers - a lot of 8oz boxing gloves are targeted at children or teenagers. This may be deterring for adults who are looking for 8oz gloves for themselves.
Next, if you want a wide choice of color options, buy these gloves. GINGPAI offers multiple colors, enabling you to find one that matches your aesthetic. Aside from this, they are a versatile and easy product to use.
- Several colors to choose from - there are a wide array of color combinations available. The colors used include black, white, red, blue, and orange. Consequently, you will be able to choose the design that most appeals to you.
- Ergonomic design - these gloves have been crafted to match the natural curl of your hand. This means that they are comfortable for you to wear. This design also includes added thumb protection.
- Simple to use - these gloves are designed to be straightforward to put on. The adjustable strap means this will fit most wrist sizes.
- Different sizing options - though this list is aimed at 8oz boxing gloves, this product is also available in different sizes. This means that if you decide that you want a heavier glove, you can easily do this. There are 4 sizing options, specifically 6oz, 8oz, 10oz, and 12oz.
- Prices will vary depending on the color - different colors cost different prices. This may be considered a negative if you are looking for a specific color, as you may have to pay more for it.
When it comes to boxing gloves, Everlast is one of the biggest names in the industry. There is a reason why this company is well-known, namely because it provides high-quality goods.
These gloves are aimed at kids and teenagers that are passionate about boxing, though they can also be used by those who are just starting or those with small hands.
- Bold design - these gloves look great thanks to their striking design. The eye-catching blue and red design will appeal to younger users.
- Improved wrist strap - this strap will ensure that the glove stays on your hand, significantly reducing the risk of injury.
- Padded knuckle - to give your hand added protection, the knuckle area of these gloves is cushioned with foam. This means that you will not have to worry about hurting your knuckles when practicing.
- Durable and breathable material - when you are boxing, it is crucial that anything you wear is breathable. Fortunately, these gloves feature a mesh palm to improve breathability. Despite this, the gloves are durable and long-lasting.
- Expensive - compared to its competitors, these gloves are noticeably higher in cost. The reason for this is that you are paying for the brand and the amazing features of these gloves. However, this may mean that these gloves are only suitable for customers who are willing to spend a little extra.
The fourth item in this guide is from Trideer, an important brand in the exercise equipment industry.
The reason these gloves are called “Pro Grade” is because they are akin to the boxing gloves used by professionals. To enhance your boxing experience, they have incredible impact resistance.
- Versatile - these gloves can be used in a number of different situations, including boxing, kickboxing, Thai boxing, and workouts. These multi-use items are incredibly flexible.
- Exceptional shock-absorption - when boxing, your hands will impact surfaces at high power. To protect both the user and the person they are sparring against, this set of gloves has high-quality impact resistance.
- Breathable mesh - for ventilation, the mesh has been included in the construction of these gloves.
- Straightforward to clean - built-up sweat in your boxing gloves will not be pleasant. To prevent this issue from occurring, wash these gloves frequently. To clean, simply spray with water and wipe thoroughly.
- Stiff design - some customers have complained that these gloves are stiffer than other models. This may be due to the pre-curved design of the gloves.
The fifth product on this list is this stylish set of boxing gloves. These cool-looking gloves can be used by men, women, or teenagers. They come in a selection of designs and sizes. This increased customization gives the customer much more choice.
- A range of designs - the colors and designs on these gloves vary. This will be an especially attractive feature if you are buying for children or teenagers. Our favorite combination is the black/ gold set, which looks cool and sophisticated.
- Handmade - these gloves are handmade in Thailand. As a consequence, amazing quality is almost guaranteed.
- 100% Skintex leather - made from this durable and premium material, these gloves will be long-lasting.
- High-quality seams - these seams will ensure that your gloves do not break easily. This means that you will not have to waste time and money replacing them.
- High cost - when compared to other products, the price tag on these gloves is a little high. As a result, they should perhaps be reserved for customers who have a larger budget.
If you are searching for boxing gloves for children, these might be the ones for you. They come in a range of bright and colorful designs that most kids will absolutely adore.
These gloves will help ease your children into becoming master boxers. They also have high levels of protection to help keep your young ones safe.
- Fun sticker designs - this art style is designed to appeal to children. Just because professional boxing is a serious sport, it does not mean that your kids have to take it seriously too. You can choose between 5 cool designs, titled 70s, Fury Fist, Dino Jungle, Manga Action, or Roar Rage.
- Impact protection foam - to protect your children’s bones, these gloves have built-in protection foam. Their punches will merely bounce off a punching bag or a jab pad.
- Hook and loop system - this has been used to enhance wrist support.
Made from vinyl - this material is soft and easy to clean.
- Not suitable for teenagers or adults - the design on these gloves is a little juvenile. The reason for this is that they are aimed at young children. Because of this, they will not be the optimal gloves for older boxers.
If you are even mildly interested in sports, you will already be familiar with the name “Adidas.” This brand has developed a good reputation thanks to the high grade of their equipment.
Their boxing gloves are no different. These incredible gloves will remarkably improve your boxing experience. Moreover, they can be used in a variety of sports.
- Slick and stylish design - these gloves have a wicked aesthetic. Their design is simple yet effective. The gloves are black with colored accents. These detailings can be a range of different colors. The accent colors include gold and pink.
- A famous sports brand - this brand has years of sports experience. As a result, you can rest assured that their products will help to improve your sport.
- Molded fit - designed to perfectly fit the fist, these boxing gloves will fit like a glove! Not only will they support your wrist, but these gloves will also cushion your knuckle.
- Premium lining - this first-rate lining will make the gloves insanely comfortable for your hands. This will also stop your hands from suffering from chafing or blisters.
- Elasticated Velcro - if you need to quickly alter the wrist strap, you can safely do this thanks to the elasticated Velcro on your wrist.
- Discomfort - some users have found these gloves to be quite uncomfortable. This is a minority of customers, though you should be warned that you might also experience this issue.
Specifically aimed at kids, this set of gloves will be ideal for younger users. Like the Sanabul product, this target audience is reflected in the vibrant design. Apart from that, these gloves are also waterproof and feature sponge foam.
- Waterproof - boxing is an activity that can cause you to become very sweaty. Thankfully, these waterproof gloves are easy to clean and their performance will not be altered by sweat.
- Unique design - the bright neon color palette will be fun for children to use. They contain a unique splatter design that is super distinctive and cool-looking.
- Sponge foam - this will give your children additional protection. No longer will you have to be concerned about them taking up boxing.
- Child-specific - while some of the products on this list are aimed at men, women, teenagers, or children, these products are only targeted at children. Like the Sanabul gloves, this may put some older customers off.
The penultimate boxing gloves on our list are from Hawk. Emblazoned with the logo, they look fierce. They come in two colors, namely black and white. This will allow customers to choose the aesthetic that pleases them the most.
- Pinholes - for breathability, holes have been included on the palm.
- Thumb lock - if your thumb is in the incorrect position, it can easily become damaged when boxing. To stop this, these gloves have a thumb lock feature.
- Double-stitched - for added durability and longevity, these gloves have been double-stitched.
- Tight - when using these gloves, some may find them a little tight to put on. If this is the case, you may want to look into getting a heavier size.
Finally, these Mytra boxing gloves are yet another incredible choice for those who are interested in boxing. They manage to balance being both light and strong. Like other gloves, they are sold in different colors. Despite this, they still have unique looks.
- 4 color choices - though some people will not be overly bothered by the appearance of their gloves, others will be. Mytra gives you 4 choices, specifically black, green, pink, or red.
- Lightweight yet padded - dragging around heavy boxing gloves will severely worsen your speed. To stop this problem, these gloves are lightweight. Despite this, they still contain a good amount of eva protection foam.
- Premium synthetic leather - let’s face it, real leather is expensive. In addition, some people have ethical concerns with it. Fortunately, these gloves are made from synthetic leather. This material has all the durability without the unfortunate implications.
- Rigid - some customers may find these gloves to be
This list was a bit difficult to put together, because there are many good 8oz boxing gloves on the market, but not many stand out.
I picked Liberlupus Youth Boxing Gloves as the winner, because of their good reviews online saying how versatile they are, but other options seem good as well.
Personally, I could buy any of these gloves as a beginner, and maybe even make the decision based on the looks of the product, if I couldn't make the decision otherwise.
- What Is A Hook In Boxing (And Mistakes To Avoid When Throwing) - December 16, 2021
- How Much Do Professional Boxers Get Paid (Inc. Per Fight) - December 16, 2021
- What Age Should You Start Boxing (What’s A Good Age) - December 16, 2021