With combat-based fitness classes becoming more popular than ever, we need to rethink our training gear. Namely, investing in a good pair of boxing gloves.
Some may not see the point in investing in good quality boxing gloves just for training, but as with any type of fitness training, the equipment you use and the gear you wear has a huge impact on the efficacy and the enjoyment of your training.
Gear that is flimsy, ill-fitting, or just not durable isn’t going to exactly inspire you to train or get you the best results.
Plus, since there are plenty of budget-friendly options for high quality 12 oz boxing gloves, there really is no excuse to invest in a good pair. Don’t know where to start? Below you’ll find the 10 best 12 oz boxing gloves to really take your training to the next level!
OUR TOP PICK
Ideal for both men and women, these gloves from Trideer are covered in a tough synthetic leather and have a pre-curved form fitting design to ensure not just excellent durability, but performance as well.
The synthetic leather gloves are also easy to clean with a wet towel, and will withstand even the most hardcore boxing, kickboxing, MMA, Muay Thai and sparring training sessions.
The multi-layered padding allows for exceptional shock absorption and impact resistance. Good news for your hands and for your sparring partner!
Plus, the full wraparound wrist strap with a hook-and-loop attachment makes these gloves easy to put on and take off, and help you to land the most effective, precise hits.
The breathable mesh of these gloves also makes them super comfortable, keeping your hands cool and dry.
The pre-curved anatomic hand design lets you close your fist properly, so you can really focus on what matters - training! Plus, the breathable mesh helps to ventilate sweat, so with only a couple of hours of airing can get rid of any odor or moisture.
- Made of durable, high-quality synthetic leather.
- Multi-layered foam padding for excellent shock-absorption.
- Pre-curved anatomic hand design for extra secure fit.
- Breathable mesh keeps your hands cool, dry, and comfortable.
- Easy to clean with a wet towel.
- Some customers had issues with the durability of the gloves and claimed that they only lasted a couple of months.
Made with a synthetic leather for durable, long-lasting wear that’s resistant to pretty much anything, these Liberlupus boxing gloves are easy to clean with a wet towel, and perfect for boxing, kickboxing, MMA, Muay Thai and sparring training.
No matter what combat training you’re doing, these gloves can handle it!
Plus, these gloves are packed with a multi-layered, shock absorbing material and protective foam padding that not only protects your hands but ensures excellent fit and coverage.
The full wraparound wrist strap with a hook-and-loop closure also makes sure these gloves stay secure on your hands, so there’s no need to worry about slippage! Still these gloves are easy to put on and easy to take off and are super comfortable.
These gloves also have a breathable mesh that keeps you cool, dry, and comfortable as well as a nylon liner that is kind to skin and wards off moisture absorption inside the gloves.
Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced boxer, these gloves are perfect for you.
- Made of a tough synthetic leather to improve longevity.
- Protective foam padding and shock absorbing material provides excellent support and protection.
- The full wraparound wrist strap keeps the gloves secure on your wrists.
- The breathable mesh material keeps your hands safe from sweat and helps you stay comfortable.
- Easy to clean with a wet towel.
- Despite the secure fit, some customers have reported the gloves feeling a bit too tight.
Venum Contender boxing gloves are made of 100% synthetic leather, so you can enjoy them for longer, as well as a multi-density foam for maximum shock absorption.
The fully attached thumb also helps to mitigate the risk of twisting and the large velcro is sure to keep the gloves secure on your wrists.
- Made of durable, high quality materials for extra longevity.
- The multi-density foam allows for better shock absorption.
- The fully attached thumb prevents the risk of the gloves twisting.
- Stays secure on your hands without slipping.
- Some customers have reported that the gloves are not very well ventilated, which can lead to your hands becoming hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable.
These Hawk Boxing Gloves are backed by a 5-year replacement warranty, but with how well they’re made, you may not need it! The gel-injected and multi-layered V-Impact Foam keeps your hands safe, and also makes these gloves more durable. The Supremo-Shock foam is ultra thick and covers your knuckles, while a separate padded block covers your wrists.
The breathable pinhole palm not only makes these gloves more hygienic, but also reduces sweat to keep your hands cool and comfortable. These gloves are perfect for heavy bag workouts, kickboxing, mitt work, and sparring.
Hawk boxing gloves also come in a number of sizes, including 8 oz gloves for kids. But their 10 oz and 12 oz gloves are perfect for training and kind to all skin types.
- Perfect for all kinds of training.
- Pinhole palm has anti-perspiration properties.
- Extra security on your wrists and knuckles.
- Backed by a generous 5-year replacement warranty.
- Difficult to put on and take off.
- Some customers reported the material on the inside of the glove becoming loose.
Made of a premium synthetic leather, these Everlast Elite Pro Style gloves are designed to last for years, and have a full mesh palm that is breathable and comfortable.
These gloves from Everlast also feature an updated Evershield design for advanced wrist protection, which includes a hook-and-loop closure. This secure fit is much appreciated as it keeps you protected and comfortable while you train.
- Made of a durable, premium synthetic leather.
- Contains a breathable mesh to keep you comfortable.
- Advanced wrist protection with hook-and-loop closure.
- Secure fit to prevent slipping.
- Some customers reported the fabric on the inside tearing easily.
Claiming to be the new standard for beginner boxing gloves, these Hayabusa S4 boxing gloves tick all the boxes for an excellent beginner’s boxing gloves. They provide high-quality protection, fit, and comfort!
As soon as you put them on you’re sure to feel comfortable and supported. The PU leather construction, nylon lining, and the mesh palm is sure to keep up with you no matter how intense your workout.
The pre-curved ergonomic pocket was designed to give you the ultimate comfort, and the grip bar and proper thumb position ensures proper fit closure and alignment.
Meanwhile, the single strap works alongside the splinted wrist to keep the gloves secure on your hands.
The padded knuckle protection is excellent, especially for a beginner gloves but the splinted wrist support and cushioning foam keeps you protected as you hone your skills, and can be used for combat training, kickboxing, martial arts, MMA, Muay Thai, sparring, and taekwondo.
- Gloves have a durable PU leather construction.
- Padded knuckle protection and splinted wrist support provides excellent protection.
- Pre-curved ergonomic pocket helps to keep you comfortable.
- Ideal for beginners.
- Comes in 10 different colors (charcoal, black, blue, clay, pink, teal, white, purple, red and wine)
- Some customers have reported issues with sizing.
Aiming to provide professional gear at entry level affordability, these Sanabul Essential Gel gloves have a striking design and a snug fit. Their vivid colors are sure to make you stand out, but their low-key all-black design is super sleek.
Favored by boxers like Mike Tee and UFC champions like Michael Bisping, you know you’re getting high-quality gloves from Sanabul. The leather used is engineered to withstand the test of time and hold up to relentless training. It’s sure to be in your gym bag for years to come!
Meanwhile, the gel infusing ensures the gloves are feeling the brunt of your hits - not you! The powerful hook and loop closure system also keeps these gloves fitted on your wrists with no fear of slipping. You just need to tighten these straps once when you put them on, and you’re good to go!
You also don’t have to worry about breaking these gloves in. The special longitudinal arch design makes you feel like you’ve been wearing these gloves for ages, and the mesh palms provide breathability, keeping your hands dry, cool, and clean.
- Gel infusion provides shock absorption.
- Special longitudinal arch design keeps you comfortable.
- Hook and loop closure system keeps these gloves secure on your hands.
- Fits perfectly as soon as you put them on.
- Comes in 8 different color combinations (black, black and copper, black and green, black and blue, black and silver, black and orange, black pink, and black and red).
- Some customers found these gloves a bit too snug, and those with wider hands found them almost impossible to get on.
Made with 100% genuine leather, these gloves are tough and can stand the test of time. The vivid graphics of these gloves are as striking as the snake they’re named after!
The molded foam padding has softer shock-absorption and an impact-resistant core for effective results.
The moisture-wicking liner on the inside of the glove also helps to keep your hands cool and dry, no matter how intense your workout.
- Made of real leather.
- Excellent shock absorption.
- Attractive, sleek design and graphics.
- Moisture-wicking liner helps to keep your hands cool and dry.
- Some customers reported that the gloves felt tight.
Made of high quality PU leather, these KnSam boxing gloves are soft, durable, don’t peel or break, or give off a peculiar smell. They are also easy to clean and maintain.
These gloves are seriously thick. The high-density polyurethane inner core of Fist Peak is filled with 15% thickening material, providing effective shock-absorption which is only emphasized by the thickening material found in the thumbs of the gloves.
You’ll also find thickness in the wrists too, which serve to protect your wrists from any damage they could sustain.
Meanwhile, the velcro on these gloves can be easily removed as well as easily tightened to make the gloves fit more securely on your wrists.
The palms and thumbs are also porous and ventilated to make the glove more breathable, to wick sweat smoothly, as well as making the gloves more comfortable and reducing odor.
- Made of high-quality, durable PU leather.
- Easy to clean.
- Provides good shock absorption.
- Provides good wrist protection.
- Comes in three color combinations (black and red, black and pink, and black and white).
- Some customers reported that the gloves felt a bit too tight.
Ergonomically designed to give a unique, contoured fit, these Fairtex Muay Thai boxing gloves have a tight-fit hand compartment to make sure these gloves fit snugly but - most importantly - securely too.
They are also made with a genuine, premium leather and the Fairtex foam system that efficiently protects the hand and knuckle and provides good shock absorption. They also come with velcro straps, so you can fit them as tightly around your wrists as you like.
- Breathable and air out well.
- Flexible, which comes in handy if you are in a clinch.
- The Fairtex foam system provides good shock absorption.
- Velcro straps keep the gloves secure on your wrists.
- Some customers felt the knuckle protection was lacking.
- Some customers also thought the gloves felt too light to be true 12 oz gloves.
- Also, some customers also find them harder to close up.
We hope that you have found the best pair of boxing gloves for you above - or at least inspired you to invest in a good pair! You don’t have to break the bank for a good pair of gloves though.
Just pay close attention to details like durability, breathability, and shock absorption, and you’ll soon find a pair of boxing gloves that are going to be your favorite gym buddies!
- What Is A Hook In Boxing (And Mistakes To Avoid When Throwing) - December 16, 2021
- How Much Do Professional Boxers Get Paid (Inc. Per Fight) - December 16, 2021
- What Age Should You Start Boxing (What’s A Good Age) - December 16, 2021